Wednesday, June 1, 2011

1

Hey.

So, I have never blogged before, and to be quite honest this could be something that I do once and then neglect to do for quite a while, if ever do again. However...

I remember the days when Zion was first diagnosed...the feelings of helplessness, and this overwhelming sense of complete cluelessness about a disease that is so extreme, rare, and life-changing. There were so many questions...and so few answers...we felt alone. Then we were introduced to our SMA Family, and I saw many families stepping up to fill the gap between diagnosis day and the days when dealing with SMA issues becomes routine. Its been a little over a year since diagnosis day for us, and while I do not claim to be an expert in any way shape or form, my hope is that somehow, someday something I post on this blog will benefit someone affected by SMA. Someone who is dealing with, or is going to deal with an issue that I have dealt with as a father of an SMA son. There was so much comfort for Chelsea and I just knowing that we weren't alone, and I know that part of my duty as an SMA dad is to pass on that comfort to someone else dealing with raising a child with SMA. If I touch just one parent with this blog, it will be worth it all...

Check back soon for more posts!!

Much Love,
PH

No comments:

Post a Comment