Wednesday, August 17, 2011

GPH

Green. Party. Hat.

So, I am sitting here at Peyton Manning's Childrens Hospital, watching Zion peacefully laying watching Alpha and Omega on his iPad. He is such an amazing boy. His tech lady was laughing nonstop along with us, making each and every step a new dimension of his "slumber party." What started as a smiley face on each hand quickly turned into head measurements, gooey hair, electrodes, tape, and even a under the nose "party mustache." With a few minor fusses, and a grease pencil over mommy and daddy's faces, he calmed down, and soon will be asleep peacefully with literally no breakdowns or even a single tear. God blessed us with the best boy in the world. God works in mysterious ways...yet sometimes His love is so plain to see that it never ceases to amaze me how easily we forget to thank Him, or even celebrate His existence. God has shown me what true strength is tonight. Zion is a beacon of hope to me, and has given me more tears of joy and happiness than any single person should be allowed. Thank you God for a truly amazing and undeserved gift.

I also wanted to let everyone know a little update to my previous post. Today was a long day, with numerous phone calls to several hospitals, administrations, as well small arguements with doctors and nurses...yet God worked it all out for us. We are here tonight with a regular sleep study, tomorrow night is a normal night with the addition of a bipap (cheers) (and please several prayers as it could be a battle), and Friday night is another sleep study complete with a new party getup and a bipap to measure the difference it will make in his sleep. This will be without doubt a long few days, but I know that God will take care of us, and in the end Zion will prosper through it all. So, as I previously wrote asking for help to provide Zion a bipap, I believe that God has answered our prayers, and through this experience we should have a bipap at our doorstep not long after returning home. If all goes well the next few days we should recieve the order from the doctors for a bipap and instead of having to provide one ourselves his doctors should pull through for us. Thank you for your help regardless, and I cannot express my gratitude for your prayers and willingness to help our son. We love you, and rest assured that no deed goes unappreciated and we are inspired to help anyone in need as you all have helped us.

I am going to sign off for the night. I will do my best to post as many updates as possible over the next few days. We would appreciate your continued prayers, and again we love you all.

Much love,
PH

No comments:

Post a Comment